About Me

My photo
Third Rock from the Sun, Tennessee, United States
I am on a journey with my Mother who is afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease. I am learning to be her caregiver and as I walk in this path, I am gleaning the knowledge of this debilitating disease that robs the mind of intellect and sense. As I gather up the colors of my life I am finding the time to give to myself as well through my journey of art works. It's my escape from the real world of worries and struggle and strife. My refuge is on the blank pages filled with my spirit of energy of thoughts and emotions of the days. I'm a Libra according to the stars of the universe. I'm a daughter, a wife to James, who tolerates my need of balance and creativity, sister, mother to two awesome sons, Jeremy and Jason as well as I'm a grandmother of four precious blessings. A devoted pet owner of D.O.G., my bearded collie mix pound puppy who thinks he's human and if he had thumbs, he'd be earning his room and board.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Challenges And Bliss All In One Day

I'm sure I'm not alone in this world of ups and downs, round and round tilt-a-world.  But some days you just have to learn to breathe and exhale all over again.

The challenge: We've had a very unusual week of weather with fluffy rain and chunky rain.  For my part of the world, this is not normal. Nope, this weather is typical Vermont weather. I know, I've lived there for six years wearing 3 layers of everything and covering all that up with a -40 degree parka walking around like a penguin scootin' across the Antarctica looking for a warm spot. Yep, it's pretty on a postcard.



My bliss: being able to get out of the house and get a few of my list items checked off my calendar and rescheduling appointments that had to be missed due to the white stuff fluttering around.  Okay, so now that I have that out of the way. 

I've been a bit behind on some of my intentions and commitments to Journaling challenges and on-line classes, but I know that I'll get caught up some time.  It's just not going to be today and probably not tomorrow either.

Last evening while unwinding from my day, I did manage to add a few pages to my Altered Journal Book which I'll share with you.  I'm doing this book for my grandchildren who are just itty bitty tykes at the moment all under the age of 4 and I don't get to see them as often as I would like due to schedules or other factors of life's situations.  Anyway, I was sitting, thinking what can I write to my itty bitty tykes that will tell them more about their Nana? So I came up with the idea of using questions like some journalist use when interviewing people in the world of "importance or prominence".

So I begin with a title:  Who Is This Woman?

My favorite things:
Rainbows
Creating art of any kind
Listening to music before I go to bed
Talking to my children each day or when they are available
Having my whole family around me on weekends at the farm
Watching t.v. with my hubby
Once a month date to the cinema house to catch the latest movie and having popcorn and sharing a coke with my hubby

I respect:
My elders
and the fact that you may not always agree with me

What wows me:
GOD~ Every day
My hubby's intellectual mind
My children's perseverance to strive through adversity and come out on top of situations
My Mom's cheerful greeting each time I see her
The pictures I get of my grandchildren via cell phone or email

I don't care what they say: 
I can do it and I will help you too.
I do believe in miracles

My favorite shoes: 
House shoes (ballet type) and I'm crazy about flip flops

I collect:
Other peoples worries
Art supplies of all kinds
Colors in my life
Scraps of pretty paper

What is dead to me:
The troubles of my past

I am miserly about: 
My time
My coffee
My art
My family time
My dog
My favorite television shows  (Hallmark movies, NCIS, House, Bones, White Collar)
Journaling

I admire:
My parents
My husband
My sons
My brother
My sister

I like the feeling of:
being loved and thought of by my family and friends

One thing no one knows: (but they will now)
I carry my dad's soap stone chalk(used to mark on wood or metal for measuring marks) in my pocket with me everywhere I go. It was in his pocket when he passed away and I remember him always having it in his pockets while growing up on this farm.

My favorite tool:
Paper and crayons

My favorite quote:
May you gather up the colors of your life and weave them into rainbows for your heart. ~ Rainbow Painter

My dream experience would be:
To own and be a curator of an art gallery for children's art and those who are less known for their creations in this state and to sell not only my own but theirs as well.



So I guess I'll just call it a day (which it seems like this week has been a month already) and start over again tomorrow with a new energy and hopefully a better attitude.  I'm still work in progress on both of those nouns.

I do want to thank those who have taken the time to introduce themselves and comment on my previous posts here and there in various places.  I hope each and all come back and visit again.   Have a great day!

Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love reading through and getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teressa. That's what I'm hoping for my grandchildren too as well as new friends who stop by for a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. like your poem and some lovely art on here thanks for popping over to my blog

    ReplyDelete